Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Here and There: Thankful

image from here

Many years ago I watched an Oprah show when someone was talking about gratitude journals. Write down something you are grateful for every day. What a great idea! I thought, and never started one. Keeping up with anything on a regular basis is not one of my superpowers, but the idea has always stayed with me. I may not write them down often, but I have made a habit of looking for those positive things. I find that there is almost always something good that I can take from a situation, if I look properly. I am writing this on Monday evening and I don't feel too good. I have overdone things recently, including a long day Christmas shopping last week and a wonderful day on Sunday with friends, which I arrived home from tired, shivery, my bones aching and unable to get warm for several hours. This morning I woke up foggy headed, eyes aching, very tired. Even on that kind of day there are things I am thankful for.

I am thankful I have the luxury of not having to go out to work and was able to rest all day today
I am thankful for my lovely fluffy warm dressing gown
I am grateful for central heating
I am thankful for my lovely husband, who put up with the car heating and then the central heating being on full blast for hours in an effort to warm me up
I am thankful for cups of tea
I am thankful for books. Always for books
I am thankful for the internet, the online course where we met and for this space where we share little bits of ourselves and our lives

I wish you, the girls and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...