Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Here and There: What I'm Reading



I haven't been able to get into a good book for awhile now.  I've been reading The Rhythm of Family by Amanda and Stephen Soule at the beginning of each month as they move chapter by chapter.  And I just finished snippets of The Essential Dalai Lama, but nothing has really grabbed my attention lately, or rather there hasn't been enough of my attention to grab onto a book.

I did however see this book at my mother's house two weekends ago and was fascinated by it as I am fascinated by trees.  I will stop at the library on my way home tomorrow and pick it up.  It's called The Wild Trees:  A Story of Passion and Daring by Richard Preston and it's about climbing the great Redwoods in California that are thousands of years old and stand over thirty-five stories above the ground.  It's about the thrills and fears of climbing and the discovery of the actual other trees, plants and animals that have previously lived high in the canopies of these trees undiscovered.  So with vacation coming up next week I am hoping to be able to plop down and actually get some good tree reading in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...