Monday, November 7, 2011

sunday going home



(karelyn and grandmom)


(after grandad adjusted her seat and filled her tires)


It's been a beautiful fall.  I took the girls to my Mom's house Sunday to ride their bikes.  The lane to their house is about 1/4 of a mile long.  My sister and I used to ride our bikes back and forth and back and forth.  I don't know why I didn't think to take the girls and their bikes there before, but then again this has been the first year both girls are on two wheels.  It's a most definite thing that next year I need to get a bike and join them....that and a bike rack.  After this my Mom went shopping with my sister and the girls and I took their dog Elijah for a walk through the woods.  Karelyn told me this morning that Grandmom's was one of her favorite places to go.  It reminds me how lucky I was to grow up there.

1 comment:

  1. That is the first picture I have seen of your Mom, and I thought it was you, until I noticed the short hair. Something about her body language, even though it's a still image, looked like you.

    Lovely autumnal photographs. I would like a bike, though the roads around here are manic, so probably when we are living somewhere else. One day....

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...