Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Here and There: What I'm Reading

I am often reading several books at one time, but only usually one fiction book. At the moment it is The Time of my Life by Cecelia Aherne. It's not the sort of book I would have picked out for myself, I don't usually choose funny books, but it is this month's choice for our Women's Institute Book group, which I have decided to join. I am surprised to find I am actually quite enjoying it.  It's about a woman, Lucy, who finds an envelope on her doormat one day inviting her to an appointment with her Life, as she's been ignoring it and it and the situation needs to be addressed. A  strange premise, and a book I didn't warm to at all for the first few chapters - but a little further in I am rather enjoying it. 


I am also still reading a little each day (or more realistically, when I remember!) of Simple Abundance and Romancing the Ordinary. I love Sarah Ban Breathnach's writing, and it is a lovely start or end to the day to read a chapter of one or both. It is packed with wisdom, inspiration and quotes, including this one:


"All you need is deep within you waiting to unfold and reveal itself.
All you have to do is be still and take the time to seek 
for what is within, and you will surely find it." 
- Eileen Caddy



No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...