Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Here And There: Grateful




I'm stressed out over Thanksgiving dinner which I say every year I'm not going to be, but it's a big meal.  A huge meal to make for one evening.  Luckily I am on vacation and today I will cook the turkey the day before to free up the oven for the big day.  Here is our Thanksgiving menu:

Roast Turkey and Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Stuffing or perhaps Dressing?
Roast Carrots, Leeks and Mushrooms
Green Beans with Dill
Succotash
Fresh Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce
Pumpkin Pie
Bread Pudding

Wish I could send you a slice of pumpkin pie, it is my favorite part!!

**********

Tomorrow we will be writing down five things each we are grateful and putting them in a jar and then will try to guess who wrote each one.  

In preparation here is a list of things I am grateful for right now

A warm home.
The sounds of the birds migrating.
The way the trees looked in the fog this morning.
Christmas Carols playing in the background.
The lady who let me use her discount card at the grocery when I forgot mine.
Having my family so close to me.
Having my Christmas shopping 3/4 of the way done.
Vacation, vacation, vacation
Little girls outside splashing in puddles.
A friend a country away emailing me a last minute recipe.
Having a gaggle of good friends including you!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...