Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday: inside my head


This coffee is nice, I do enjoy a cup of proper coffee, not instant, with cream, although on this diet I am not supposed to have caffeine. Oh well too bad I forgot to buy decaff.  The sky looks a lovely shade of blue out there through the window, I am not letting it deceive me, I bet it's cold out. Oh look, the sun is just starting to creep over the windowsill, and soon it will light up the orange glass of my art deco vases the way I love. Look at that laundry folded up on the chair, waiting since yesterday to go upstairs, oh and that box of photographs on the floor that I was going to sort out in July. Sigh. Why is the clothes airer there against the wall, that should be in the bathroom, and the vanity case containing my make up is on the floor next to the coffee table, I don't remember leaving that there. I need to find a place for that. I should try to remember to water the poor parched plants today. Oh, the rosebush we got as a wedding present in April still needs to be planted in the garden. It's 12.45 and I have only had one glass of water, how am I going to fit in eight. I wonder if the Prof wants to go to Staples when he gets home for those storage boxes while they are on special offer. I need a glue stick and some posterboard too. It won't be long until Christmas, we had better get a move on and get the house organised, there is no room in this living room for the tree now we have our new table, don't know what to do about that. I could have got some laundry done today if I had realised the weather was going to be dry. I'll do it tomorrow, bet it rains. I really didn't feel like cooking that breakfast, but I enjoyed it. Wish I could have some fruit, strawberries would be nice. Maybe I will get some to take to Jennie's on Sunday. The dog needs a bath, oh I hate that job she is so hard to lift and she is terrified of water, defective labrador.  I haven't taken any photos for a while, I must take some, I'll have none to post. I haven't done last week's photographic assignment for the Unravelling course either, or the collage but once I have the glue stick and card I can get going on that. I am really enjoying Jamrach's Menagerie, didn't fancy it much at first but Richard Madeley said it's the best book he has read in fifteen years, which was intriguing enough to make me try it. I might just curl up on the sofa this afternoon and read it, though I do have numerous episodes of House of Eliot to watch, maybe I should just delete those, I will never get round to it. I wonder if Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy is still showing locally with subtitles. I think I'll have another coffee.

2 comments:

  1. have a cup of coffee and then take it one step at a time.

    i see monkey mind is creeping in.

    be sweet to yourself dear friend, one bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not exactly creeping in, it never goes away. That's a fifteen minute snippet of the state of my mind all the time.....

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...