Friday, October 21, 2011

Here and There: Favorite Things




homemade chocolate chip cookies
i cannot eat prepackaged ones.  i've perfected the perfect thick chewy kind.


christmas at my mother's
when i was married we always spent Christmas with his family.  Now I am happy to spend my favorite holiday with my family. My mother makes an amazing dinner, we pop open our crackers, put on our crowns and then retire to the living room to open the simple gifts we've found for one another.  The woodstove is burning, the tree is lit and we never really want to leave to go home.  I think my mother these past few years is happy to have all her children back at home for Christmas.



pumpkin pie
it is truly my favorite pie and how could i not put it on here after yesterday's conversation?



elephants
especially this little one given to me by my grandmother that sits on my desk.  my good luck charm.


my bedroom windowsill
it holds all my favorite treasures from the sea i've collected


my neighbors, my grandparents on their porch swing
they are two of my favorite people and their porch with them is a special place to sit.


my dear cat Annabelle
i got her two months after i got married.  she was my first baby.  she was hospitalized for three days after we got her from the shelter; she would have died without us.  she's fourteen years old and has been with me through anything. i love the way she stares at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...