Monday, October 24, 2011

My weekend

This weekend was mostly made up of:

Evidently, ignoring my camera
A Friday night date with the Prof, dinner at a local restaurant
Long lie-ins
Sausage sandwich and builder's tea
Falling asleep on the sofa
A cuppa with my Mum and Dad
The last (sob) episode of Spooks
Three books to read, borrowed from a friend. I read them years ago, but want to reread. My TBR bookcase is groaning already
A pretty new folder for our household notebook
Sunday afternoon tea with friends
Butter chicken (from a jar, I was intrigued but it was chicken curry by another name) with 'courgette pasta' *
Reading. Home magazines (making plans!), Country Living as always and Netherwood

* Courgette (Zucchini to you!) 'Pasta'

This is of course, not pasta. It's what you cook when you are trying not to eat pasta :)

Cut courgettes into long ribbons using one of those Y-shaped peelers.
Stir fry with crushed garlic
Mix with whatever pasta sauce or other items you fancy.

That's it! It is surprisingly tasty and you can use it anywhere you would have used pasta.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen recipes for Zucchini Pasta before but have never tried it, good to know!! Emily hates pasta (gasp).

    And I find pretty folders and notebooks make things so much more fun!!

    Sounds like a good weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...