Friday, October 14, 2011

Here and There: groceries




The Top Ten Grocery List

Bananas-Emily would die without them

Blueberries-I have been known to spend insane amounts of money on them out of season because I love them soooo much.

Loose Carrots-My dad says they are no different, but I swear they are and the rabbit loves the greens on top.

Potatoes-any which way you make them they are like a little bit of heaven, I think we share the same feeling on them.

Lactose Free Milk- Emily is lactose intolerant so she needs it to drink and I use it in all my cooking.

Cabot Creamery Aged Cheddar-oh my gosh, as much as Emily can't have dairy, I love it, add to this usually a variety of other cheeses

Eggs-we would have to have a lot of chickens if we ever wanted our own fresh, we usually go through two dozen a week.  We don't eat a lot of meat but we eat a lot of eggs.

Frozen Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches-  I know right but they're the only pb&j's I'll eat and they are so easy to just throw in the girls lunch boxes on a hurried morning.

Honey- you've got sugar, I've got honey, in the teacup and over my oatmeal, thank you busy bees!!

Ghirardelli Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips-  I started getting them to put in my chocolate chip cookies, they are more bitter chocolate and bigger chips, but now the girls put them in their cereal in the morning and I eat them as a snack at night with a cup of tea, so really now we can't live without them.


And usually a magazine, there's a reason they put all those glossy things at the check out counter, if I don't succumb to that then it's usually iced mocha coffee on the way out, but last week I put it in my seat while I unloaded the cart and ended up forgetting and sitting on it.  It was not pretty and I ended up driving home with a sticky bum!!





1 comment:

in your own words...