Friday, October 14, 2011

Here and There: 10 things I always buy...



1 Rooibos (redbush) tea


2. Bananas - I think the Prof was a monkey in a former life, he eats a lot of them


3. Sugar - I take one sugar in my tea. When I was growing up, almost everyone took sugar, what happened to that? Now you have to feel guilty about it. Well, I don't!. Although, when I start my diet new eating plan next week, I can't have sugar or milk, at least rooibos is fine without it. Fortunately I will be able to have cream in my coffee


4. The Radio Times - I like a thorough listings magazine, even though I don't watch much tv and haven't listened to a radio programme in a couple of years, I always think I might need all the details


5. Potatoes, I have an ongoing love affair with potatoes. You may remember my recipe for egg and mash. I like them mashed, boiled, baked, fried....yum. They are off the menu next week, too, but as it is a high protein diet eating plan I will still be able to eat ....


6. Extra strong cheese, yay!


7. Toilet roll, usually a huge jumbo pack. I think someone in the house is eating it


8. Dog food - can't forget our lovely black labrador, Star. She has dry food in the morning and a tin of meat in the evening, supplemented with the odd dog biscuit here and there and a rawhide chew sometimes


9. Chunky bucket. For some reason this is what the Prof calls the butter-in-a-tub stuff, which we buy because it is convenient. I prefer real butter, but if it's out of the fridge it goes warm and runny and if it's in the fridge it's always too hard. Sadly, I remain too disorganised to anticipate my need for butter and get it out in advance to soften, so chunky bucket it is, most of the time, unfortunately.


10.  A treat of some kind. I never manage to leave the supermarket with only what I went in for. Favourite treats to succumb to are coke, chocolate, crisps and of course books.


I have just realised there is nary a vegetable on this list. I do buy those every week, too. Honest.

1 comment:

  1. i have never heard or had Rooibos tea. Don't know if we can get it here, might have to check my tea shop as you are always talking about it.

    I love your list. Better watch out for the toilet paper monster!!!

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...