Thursday, October 20, 2011

quick little notes...

So I have no photos today, or tonight as I should say because I always post these in the late of night.  I know the date on here will say Thursday, but I always write these on Wednesday nights almost always about 10:00 after everyone is settled.  With the time difference I can post this and it will already be Thursday where you are.  It's kind of a neat little trick.

So it's 10:10 p.m., see......I'm in bed and Emily has also wandered over into my bed so I am scrunched down across the bottom and let me tell you, Karelyn's got her feet stuck out of the covers and they STINK.  How can a little girl who has had a bath have such stinky feet.  The cat has now crowded in and is trying to lay on my pillow, which I hate, hairy beast, so I may excuse myself and go sleep in Emily's room tonight.

This week has been blowing by.  I know that it will continue to from now until the end of the year.  We've got Halloween coming, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas and then K's birthday is January 3rd.  I always push her celebration back a week or two to give it a bit of space from Christmas.  That feels like a dreadful thing to do, but it works out better.  I blew off all my work last weekend so we could go to the apple butter festival and a day at the park so I'm paying for it and with the party coming up this weekend I'm really paying for it.  Who was saying one thing at a time?  I must mind my own advice I should think.

The good news is that vacation is coming.  29 days now to go.  Since my plans that I had have fallen through I now have an open book.  Ten days over two weekends with Thanksgiving in the middle.  It's strange that you don't have Thanksgiving, but then you wouldn't would you?  No celebrating with the Native Americans for you, though I think that whole bit is a bunch of hooey.  Everyone acting like we weren't horrendous to the native people that already lived here.  I much prefer celebrating stuffing myself to the gills with turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and pumpkin pie,  and taking some time to be grateful.  That to me is what it's about.  Hey, maybe you should convince The Prof that you need to come visit me late November and you can free yourself from the carb limitations and put yourself into a coma with us???  Yeah, I know not too practical.  And speaking of food, pumpkin pie.   I love it.  It's one of my top ten foods.  Do you have it?   I had a friend from New Zealand who was living in Australia and she said they never had pumpkin pie????  That pumpkin was never used for dessert.  I would hate to think you've never had pumpkin pie.  If I ever get a chance to come see you, I will sneak my can of pumpkin into the country and make you a pie.

So anyway.....that's all for now.  Have to leave the land of stinky feet and go find a place to rest my head.  I hope your week has gotten easier and that you've found some peace.  Here's to one day, one moment, one task at a time!!

1 comment:

  1. Pumpkin comes in a CAN? I didn't know that. I have carved a pumpkin before, oh I think once maybe twice ever, and no, I have never had pumpkin pie. Although a friend in the US sent me some pumpkin pie spice one time and I used to mix it with sugar and have it on toast. Healthy snack :)

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...