Friday, October 7, 2011

Here and There: 10 Things About me



1/  My (unfortunate) favorite food is pasta.  Any kind, any way.

2/  I can make the perfect sound of a seagull in my throat.

3/  I love the sound of the cello, so morbid and beautiful at the same time.

4/  I am a night owl.  It is a struggle for me to get to bed before ten and wake before six.  I do it only out of necessity and very reluctantly.

5/  Though I've promised to always keep my hair long, I rarely ever wear it down.  I can't stand it in my face.  

6/  I've decided that finally at the age of 40 next year I am going to get a tattoo.  A small one, a word, on my foot. Ouch!

7/  When I drive past animals killed on the road, I always say Bless You.  Roadkill irritates me.  I've been driving now for twenty-three years and I've hit an animal accidentally twice.  I wish people would slow down and pay attention.  I've also been known to bless, gloves, bags and empty fast food containers before realizing what they are.

8/ I've had too much to drink three times in my life, once in my failed first year at college, once two nights before my wedding day in celebration and once during the horrible period of my divorce.  Now that I am a single mother I would never dream to do it again.


9/  When I was young I was a sleepwalker.  I once unloaded the refrigerator into my toy shopping cart and once walked out the door to my neighbor's house in my sleep.  Karelyn is a sleepwalker too.

10/  And lastly, I love goats.  More than any other farm animal.  My great-grandparents kept goats right here in this very spot where I live now.  Here is a photo my grandmother gave me of me and the goats in what is now my backyard. Super cool huh?  Maybe one day after I raise my own kids.





1 comment:

in your own words...