Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend

This past weekend was fun, and exhausting. On Saturday the Young Philosopher had to work, but the Prof and I and his girlfriend went to a Victorian Christmas non-event in our town. There was some lovely carol singing from children dressed in Victorian costume and some hand bell ringing from the local bell ringers group that was fantastic> Other than that the event was a bit of a damp squib, but we had fun nevertheless. After dropping Curly Girl home, we went shopping. I picked up various crafty bits for a craft evening this week at the Womens' Institute and we got a few other bits and pieces.We ended the evening in our favourite Indian restaurant,

I spent Sunday morning writing and then we went out in the afternoon for more shopping, a visit to Hobbycraft to buy the stuff I forgot to get the day before,  a soggy Panini in Costa, a visit to my parents and a Chinese Takeaway. Oh, the diet's going well.

I am tired and lacking inspiration this morning. I struggled with my Reverb11 post. When I feel like this it's not that I don't have ideas, it's that I can't string a sentence together. The old grasshopper mind is doing its thing, Christmas gifts still to buy, I haven't wrapped a thing yet, housework to do, decorations and tree to put up....and then just for fun I decide to add to the mix finding a joyful photo every day and taking part in a blog challenge that involves posting every day. Oh, and I started another blog too, just because there isn't enough to do in December.

The Prof's picking me up in a bit, he has the afternoon off and we have to take the car in again. After it's fixed, we'll do a little more Christmas shopping in Canterbury. I am looking forward to switching off during the 90 minute drive there, and just enjoying the Kent countryside.

This is an advert which is on the tv over here at the moment, I thought you might like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...