Thursday, December 8, 2011

Here And There: Out My Window

Another crazy, gloomy, blustery, dark, rainy day. So if I tried to post photos for you out my windows this week they would all look like gray black blurs.  So I've tried to grab some that I already had.

Below is the view from my kitchen window.  I always wanted a window above my sink when I lived in my previous home.  This window looks out on the garage, but still I love having all that light streaming in on me and any herbs I set in the window.



This is the view out my bedroom window.  It looks out over the field.


This is a photo of the same field but closer up.  These are my neighbors across the street.  In the summertime I sit on the front porch and watch them walk up from the field at night.


This is the same view from downstairs.  I hate that I can't get a good photo of the field without the electrical wires.



This would be what you would see if you looked out the back dining room window.  This is the back yard.  We are incredibly blessed that we have this beautiful yard with a woods bordering it.  When I got divorced I feared having to walk up to a cheap store-top apartment with no green or no yard for the girls to run around in.  I pictured having to take them to parks for that.  My grandparents gave us an amazing blessing by allowing us to live on this little place by them.



This is the view out the side dining room window.  That's my Grandmother's birch tree last winter.  When they took down the old small house my Great-Grandparents, her parents, lived in and built this new house, she hoped so much that they wouldn't have to take the birch tree down.  Luckily they didn't.



Here's my favorite view though.  This is the view out my Grandmother's kitchen window. That is my other   kitchen window you see in the background. We can look out our kitchen windows and see each other.

1 comment:

in your own words...