Friday, December 16, 2011

Just Now: Thursday While Girls Are in Bath




Current time:  7:35 p.m.

In my glass:  Glass of iced tea.

In my belly:  Bacon, scrambled eggs and toast.  It was a breakfast for dinner night.

In my ears:  "Unfold" by Jason Mraz.  I don't know I kind of just needed it tonight.

Out the window: Rain.  Yesterday, we went to the concert at school with no coats.  My grandfather mowed the grass yesterday, ten days before Christmas.  I could really go for a snow day, stuck inside.

On the editor:   A few photos from our trip to Longwood Gardens.  I really haven't had the camera out much.

Last watched: Miracle on 34th Street with the girls last weekend.  Love this movie.   

Feeling good about:  This is a tough one, it's been a rough day.  My daughters really cracked me up at dinner though.  Their laughter makes me happy.

Feeling bad about:  I don't know how I didn't give up today.  Overslept.  Almost left without packing Ems lunch this morning.  Put all the Christmas/gift cards for work on my passenger side seat and then my soda fell over and I found them in a puddle of cola when I got there.  Bashed my hip on the crazy heavy vault door at work.  Screwed up about a zillion little things all day.  Got home to a giant envelope from the state prosecutor today (don't like attorney mail, too many bad memories, but they arrested the people who tried to break into my house (teenagers, two boys and a girl) and sent me paperwork for restitution).  Dropped the plastic spatula into the oven tonight, slightly melty.  Dripped bacon grease all over the floor and counter..........ugggghhh.

By my bedside:  The printed pages of the book.  I've been editing a bit at night and do it better on paper than laptop.  Hoping to send them off to you to take a little look at around the first of the year.

Making me think:  How sometimes even surrounded by so many people, when all goes quiet at the end of the night, sometimes I feel really alone.  Your poem yesterday, was such a help.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it strange how, sometimes, somehow one of us posts what the other needs to hear, without knowing? I felt like that about something you said on Under the BIG Blue Sky yesterday, left you a comment. And I scheduled the poem post a few days ago.

    I love Miracle on 34th Street too. I have both versions, old and new, on my Christmas list this year.

    Can't wait to read some of your book!

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...