Monday, December 19, 2011

Weekend Update: A Flurry of Activity

No photo and this post is running late.
By all accounts it is already Tuesday there, but it's Monday night here.

The weekend was a blur.
Shopping, cooking, baking.
We had snow Saturday night, just enough to coat the outside a bit,
I saw it when I took the dog out before bed, was glad it was still around when the girls woke up.

The girls and I watched Mr. Popper's Penguins, I was prepared not to like it, but it was a good movie for the family to watch together.
We made a boatload of cookies.
I have come to accept that my pants are just going to be tight until after the New Year.
I cannot resist all those cookies, they just call out my name.
Cookies in the morning, cookies before bed.

I have family coming over for Christmas Eve dinner.
I have no idea what to make.
So many dietary restrictions and it will be Christmas Eve
And I'm worn down.  Tired. Toast.

I love Christmas and this year I was prepared.
And yet there still seems to be a million little things left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...