Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Weekend Update: Christmas Coming

What a weekend.  Whew.  Up at 10:30 last night still doing laundry.  Christmas Parade.  Decorating.  Indoors and outdoors.  Christmas Village up, paper chains made, nativity out, Advent calendar started.  Then why did I think this was the time to enroll the girls in Taekwondo classes three times a week?

I...am...officially...insane.

Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer at the theatre next Saturday, get the Christmas tree Sunday, girls are to go shopping with Mom on Sunday for my gifts, then an invite to Karelyn's best friend's Christmas play.

Whew.

Last weekend before Christmas is dedicated to cookie baking.  This tradition we will not miss.  No way.  The presents are all purchased, most of them wrapped, cards are sent, decorations are out.  So why do I feel so darn wiped out?  Too much at once I guess.

But I adore this time of year.  I like having so many traditions and things to look forward to.  I really wish we could hold on to these feelings all year long.

But this pace.....never.  I'll almost be happy when I'm at Mom's house on Christmas Day, girls having already come astonished downstairs to see what Santa has brought and safely tucked off to their Dad's and I'm sitting eating her delicious dinner with a glass of wine and warming myself by the wood stove.

Ahhhhhh.....sweet rest.


p.s.   love the advert!  how sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...