Friday, December 23, 2011

Just Now

Current time: Thursday evening, 9.30pm
  
In my glass: Coke.

In my belly: My homemade chicken soup.

In my ears: too much noise from some manic sports programme on the tv. If I could be bothered to get up to reach the remote control, I would turn it down.

Out the window: Twinkly Christmas lights in the neighbour's window opposite.

On the editor: Some photographs I took on Tuesday evening at the fortnightly meeting of our English History group, silly Christmas hats, Saxon helmets, mead and sloe gin. 

Last watched: The Knowing, last night. There's two hours and twenty minutes of my life that I will never get back. 

Feeling good about/ bad about: Today I am made of equal parts jolly and Christmassy and absolutely bloody exhausted. 

By my bedside: This delightful version of the Night Before Christmas, which I bought for myself this year. The Woman He Loved Before, by Dorothy Koomson, which was recommended to me. Not sure about it so far, but giving it time. Half tempted to give it up in favour of Comfort and Joy, by India Knight. Also the Dummies book for my new camera, which I am looking forward to having a look at over Christmas

My wishes for the New Year: Simplicity. Peace. Love. Joy. Cherry brandy and the occasional Cream Tea.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...