Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Want to Ride my Bicycle

bike.jpg (JPEG Image, 463x700 pixels)
image from here

Strange that you should dream of me riding a bicycle in a race. How funny that you thought I was going to make you take part in a race, when I keep telling you to STOP doing stuff!! Isn't the subconscious mind a funny thing? Have you been looking at my Pinterest boards?  I have pinned the above picture and also a picture relating to the Race for Life, a walking/running charity event. Maybe you subliminally absorbed the information and combined it?

Ahh, bicycles. I have a dream of a owning a bicycle, like the one above, with a basket on the front and running errands riding it. Never mind that some days just walking up the stairs exhausts me, and that the traffic where we live is so manic that driving a car is like taking your life in your hands, let alone a bicycle. Never mind all that. I want a bike. Owning one and being able to ride it, and taking part in that Race for Life are both on my wish list, and something I am working toward. 

I had a strange weekend. The Prof is away and I miss him. The house seems really empty, I am not sleeping very well. We have lived together for two years, before that I lived with just the Young Philosopher for many years, so it's not as if I am not used to being on my own, but I just don't like it. Weekdays aren't so bad, as he would be at work anyway, but the weekend and the evenings are odd. Oh well, he will be home on Friday, and I have a few plans to keep me going until then.

I am glad you seem a bit more content, though you were still busy at the weekend.  Maybe it's the mental overload that gets to you, more than physical work. I could go crazy sometimes for the noise in my head, I know we we have talked about that before, and you have that experience too.

Off now to look at more pictures of bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...