Friday, July 22, 2011

all shall be well....

Image from michaelnoyes.com

While I was thinking about what to write here today, these favourite words of mine from Julian of Norwich came into my mind. A couple of hours later, looking at something completely unrelated on the internet, I came across that quote again. I am a great believer that if you pay attention, sometimes the answers are right there, or if not the answers, then messages, words of comfort.

I am so sorry you are so exhausted, I know how horrible and draining it is. I know myself that the more I have to do, the more stress I am under,  the more exhausted I feel and the less I am able to do. I am exhausted again today, having overdone things a bit this week. I don't have any answers really, except keep on keeping on, and hopefully 'this too shall pass'. I seem to be full of quotes today.  

Yes, the Prof is off for a week soon to summer school. I am planning to read, write, take photographs, maybe draw a little. I have new DVDs to watch, new books (and going to the library tonight for more). I am also hoping to sort out some of old my pre-digital photographs. I have a lunch/museum date with my Mum, a lunch/possibly little bit of shopping date with Julie, and a curry night at the pub date with Lisa. I hope I am well enough to do all those things, but if not, just some of them would be good.

Day by day is how you will make it, how we will both make it. The same way I brought up my son, you will bring up your two beautiful girls. There will be good days (or weeks!) and bad ones. Whining and complaining some days, smiling and looking on the bright side on others. You have come through so much to get where you are today,  I admire what a strong and loving mother you are, and how focused you always seem to be on eating well, exercising, getting out into nature.  Often I go around with my mind in a different place to the rest of me, and I miss what’s happening right now.  You inspire me to be more mindful and to try to be present.

Leave the housework this weekend. As I have said before, ten layers of dust look the same as one. Put a CD story on for the girls instead of reading, it won't hurt. Let them run their own baths. Lie on the sofa.

Relax. Look after yourself. Be well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...