Friday, July 29, 2011

The August Break


Oh, I am so glad you want to take part in the August Break here. It will encourage me to take more photographs, for a start, and maybe to start learning more about my little point and shoot camera. I am not going to buy a DSLR until I have learned more using just my little basic camera. It's a battle for me really, I love taking photographs but I hate learning how to use gadgets. Maybe I will find the time to look a few things up this month and try them. I think I have the camera manual on the laptop somewhere. I am looking forward both to taking more photos during August and also to not necessarily having to write anything, though there may be a few sentences here and there. 


It must have been so upsetting for you to lose your binders after all that work and time invested in them, that is so sad, and your Harry Potter books too. I know how much you love those stories.  I read them all except the last one (which wasn't out at the time) a few summers ago, I really enjoyed them but have to admit I don't remember much now. I have only seen the first film and the one last year, though we plan to see the current one soon. I haven't forgiven her for Dobby last year, though. Tragic. 


Saving magazines for the pictures is the kind of thing I plan, then get completely overwhelmed by the size of the task and throw them all out. In fact I did just that a few months ago, I had been saving them to make a treasure map, which I wanted to do ever since reading the article several years ago.  Maybe I will still do it, one day. Although now I suppose I could just do one on Pinterest. Hmm....


It will be so nice to have the Prof back tomorrow. During all my single years, I used to wonder how I would ever share my life and home with someone, being very used to doing things my own way. I quite like my own company so maybe it would be uncomfortable to have someone in my space all the time. Then we met and right from the start there has been an ease in each others' company that neither of us have ever had before. We both have our little foibles and habits, but happily neither of us find them intolerable. That's the trick I think - we all have our faults, we just have to find someone whose faults we can tolerate. Along the same sort of lines is this quote by Dr Seuss, which we used on our wedding programme: 


"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." 


I will look forward to seeing the first of your August Break photographs on Monday. Have a lovely weekend! 


(oh, by the way - was that a live plant in the house of the Black Thumb lady? I'm impressed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...