Monday, July 25, 2011

concluding the weekend with peace.




I like your slogan.  All shall be well, may perhaps become my new mantra.  When I am at work lost in the chaos, when I am at home overwhelmed by household responsibilities, when I'm about to lose my cool with those daughters of mine, when I sit down in the quiet to bring calm to myself.

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Something to hold onto there, that one, isn't it?

I tried to do as you said.  I kept off the Internet, minus some random Facebook posts and a little time playing around on Pinterest tonight.  I love that place, don't you?  I didn't take any photos, I didn't edit any photos, the one above is one I did last week.  I didn't browse blogs, or websites, or write.  I just decided to bring myself back into real life a little bit.

But did I slow down.  No.

I did six loads of laundry, cleaned three bathrooms, brushed all the downy hair out of the dog, sorted the rest of the stuff out of my bedroom, cleaned out my cubby of papers out of the kitchen, scrubbed down my counters and cleaned out my refrigerator.  But with rests in between. Still somehow I find myself here tonight wiped out and achy, knowing sadly that tomorrow is Monday again, the girls will be home all day with my father and when I get home my nice clean house will be again in chaos.

It's 10:39 p.m. now.  The house is quiet.  Girls are asleep.  Insects are singing.  Air conditioning is humming.  I'm swaddled in clean sheets and have a cup of tea at my side.  I'm listening to the new Harry Potter soundtrack having been to the movies today to see it.  I could write a post in itself about that.

It's a good night.  It's a good time, this moment.  I'm guessing you have to grab these moments.  These little bits of time when all is calm, when all is quiet, and when I believe all shall be well.  

So how about you, is all well?  I hope so.

P.S.  I forgot to tell you, I had a dream Friday night that I was supposed to be meeting up with you in the afternoon and I arrived and asked someone where you were and they said, "Oh, she's over there right now" and I looked over and you were riding a bicycle down a steep, steep hill in a race with about fifty other people and I thought, oh no, I hope she doesn't expect me to do that too?

Hilarious!





No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...