Thursday, July 7, 2011

Home Again


{every year, when they get back from their week away, i always have a card waiting on their bed for them}

It's quiet.  I expect that my girls could walk in the door anytime within the next half hour or so.  Right now the house is clean and still.  I know soon though there will be shoes, bags, dirty clothes, stuffed animals, new things to find homes for spread across the floor here downstairs.

I've enjoyed this time alone.  Nights with movies. Mornings with only myself to get ready. Eating whatever I want when I want.  It's been nice to slow down.  With no children there was not much by way of demands outside of getting up to go to work each day.

But I'll be glad to see them home where they should be.   It will be nice to know they are asleep across the hall.  It will be nice to feel my little one's arms wrapped back around me in a hug.

I am wondering how long it will be until I'm exasperated?  How long until I lose my temper?  Probably not as long as I would like.

I'm on my way to learning though.  What I thought I should learn which is take it slow.  Don't think too far ahead.  Enjoy the moment.  Accomplish one task at a time and then be happy you've done it.

And don't take things so seriously.

That's a tough one.

Hope you are having a good week.  The days are going by so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...