Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday, February 11, 2013


Hi friend!  I'm sorry so long has passed since I've gotten this letter to you.   I had all intentions to post this on Friday!  I don't know where the weekends go really.   I cannot believe I am sitting here typing this on Monday morning.  I really hate trying to fit everything into two days.  I'm sitting in bed right now, trying to get Em up for school.  She came in bed with me in the middle of the night and every five minutes or so I lean over and give her a good shake.  I wasn't prepared for the fact that the teenage years were going to start at eleven.  Seriously.  I thought that at eleven we were still going to be playing with dolls and acting the sweetheart.  She spent the night at a friend's Saturday night which resulted in little sleep and came home yesterday around noon and slept from about 3:00 to 6:00  then went to bed last night at 9:00 and I am (failing) at dragging her out of bed now.

It's pouring rain outside right now.  Pouring...and dark which is making it impossible to want to get out of bed.  New England got a ton of snow this weekend, but nothing here.  Just more rain.  Last week we had a few dustings each day, but nothing to really enjoy.  At this rate if we aren't going to get a big one, I would just as leave move on to Spring.  I don't typically mind the rain, but cold rain does not work for me.

Declutter time for you huh?  Me too.  I am tired of it.  I can't ever figure out how we get so much stuff. I keep trying to minimize and things seem to keep finding their way in.  I started to try with FlyLady's routines when I had that long weekend in January, but have found that being back at work I can't keep up.  That and I hate that they are sending me about 20 emails a day, which is not helping me get more organized at all.  I am going to try the one you wrote about and I have a book on my Kindle called Get It Together Girl, that looks like a pretty good plan.

K and I took a hike on Sunday morning, since the weather was decent and it took the wind out of my sails.  I seriously didn't get much of anything else done, a sure indicator that I need to get my butt up and out more often.  This is a photo that K took from the car of the cows on one of our favorite roads on the way home.  They all stopped and looked at us, like, hey, what are you doing, there?

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling down.  I wish I had some words of wisdom or advice, but it just sounds like a bugger.

Mr. Selfridge?  Oh no, not another show to get hooked on.  We finished Doc Martin and now I'm going back to watch the end of Lewis.  We're midway through Downton Abbey here on television and my grandmother has Call The Midwife that I got her on DVD for me to watch eventually.  Seems though sometimes not much else gets done when there is so much good British television to watch.

Cheers to you all, hope you are feeling a bit better.  Let's hope that Spring comes sooner rather than later for both of us!!!

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...