Thursday, September 15, 2011

photo walk



Everyone keeps speaking of Autumn coming.  Your words the other day brought the season so vividly to my  mind.  It is mid-September, yet it still feels like summer here.  We are all still running about in summer clothes and it is hard to believe crisp weather is peeking around the corner.  I know that soon we will be walking out to see the first signs of frost on the ground.  Karelyn called me out to see the dew across the electric line and a spiderweb glistening this morning as she went to feed our rabbit.  It was a funny coincidence  considering we just read together last night the scene from Charlotte's Web where the first words appear written in fine silk across the doorway of Zuckerman's barn. 

I took a photo walk today after work to shoot some photos of the field across from our house.  I had to walk further down the road to be able to capture a shot with no electrical wires strung across the view.  I was disappointed the sun was still too high and the light too bright.  I did manage a couple of shots like the one above.  I've been taking so many photos lately of life inside the house.  It was nice to get out and walk for a bit with the camera even if the results were less than anticipated.  Sometimes I feel I need more intent with my photos, like I should be photographing something in particular, but more often than not I find I just like to document life, as it happens.  Today was a beautiful day.  Sunny and warm, perhaps one of the last few of it's kind, so why not go grab a piece of it.  So that is exactly what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...