Thursday, September 22, 2011

changing seasons.

Hello my friend!  I hope you are mending.  I think of you and your last post and realize how strong in spirit you are. Much stronger than I am.  I hope you are getting your rest and enjoying quiet moments.

It is my turn to write about the coming of autumn.  Now I feel like it is real.  I always want to tell you what the temperature is and then realize we measure our weather in different ways!!  Just last week it still felt like summertime and I was running around in halter dresses, now we're easing into some chilly nights.  The rain seems to keep hanging around, getting a day or two with sunshine and then it's back.  The woods still smell of the mushrooms which seem to be the only ones enjoying the quantitites of rain we are getting.  I am fond of rain but even I am a bit tired of it at this point.

But we've had a couple nights with the windows open and had to find jackets in the morning.  Tonight we sat and we made a list of the things we wanted to do this autumn.  I posted my own list on my blog today. This is my favorite time of year.  I know that for a lot of people spring is their time for renewal and beginnings but  I always feel fall does that for me.



here are a few things of my favorite things:


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer, this is my first visit to your blog and I really really like it. I am a real autumn lover too and love the way you illustrated your favourite things of the season. To me, fall is the excellent time for introspection and celebrating the beauty of the season. All these delicious smells and fantastic colours ... I wish you a lovely autumn and will be back soon.

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...