Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Introducing Alice



"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver
                                              


I spend quite a lot of time these days thinking what I would like to do with my life. I am lucky; I am 43 and have a wonderful son and a lovely husband, and have had many, many experiences and wonderful moments during those years. Sometimes I feel I haven't done much with my life, but I have: I have lived all 43 years of it so far. During the last few months I have been following the adventures of Alice Pyne, a wonderful young lady who doesn't have 43 years to enjoy. Alice has written a bucket list and people everywhere have been helping her to fulfil the dreams on her list. It has been wonderful to see this happen and to read Alice's posts about the things she has done. 
Someone even wrote a song: at the end of the video is a selection of the items on Alice's list, including the one that is at the very top of her list - to get everyone eligible to join the Bone Marrow Register. I think a very good thing to do in one's life would be to register, and just possibly save someone else's.



No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...