Friday, September 16, 2011

Here and There: every handbag tells a story (or two)


I love this bag. Back in 2007 I went with my friend Gail to see the film Music and Lyrics and fell in love with Reese Witherspoon's bag. Just a few days later, Gail presented me with a very similar one that she had found. It has been my favourite bag ever since - it holds an enormous amount of stuff (even the pile above doesn't fill it) and it has a long shoulder strap, which I love. I don't like carrying my bag up under my arm.

My Oystercard, with photo of the Prof in the wallet - I have had that photo of him in there since we first started going out, in fact it was my first sighting of him - it's the photo he had on the website where we met.
Cath Kidston fan. I have been carrying it everywhere this summer, and I like it so much better than those little battery ones.
The Saturday Telegraph General Knowledge crossword, partially completed. The Prof and I have a tradition of doing the crossword together each week. One day maybe we will finish one.
My glasses case. Invariably the glasses are elsewhere, usually left in the bathroom when I put my contacts in each morning.
Hairbrush.
Scrunchie. I often wear my hair up or back in a ponytail around the house, or outside too it's windy.
Polos and cherry drops. The cherry drops are leftover from my last cinema trip, to see Super 8.
My detested mobile phone. I did not want a touchscreen but when my last phone gave up the ghost, there wasn't much choice. It has taken me months to learn how to use it properly and it has horrible predictive text that sends incomprehensible messages to people. Maybe one day I will learn how to disable that function. I am a Luddite, I know.
Three flyers for local events.
My wallet of swatches from my Colour Me Beautiful colour consultation. It makes such a difference when I wear the shades that suit me, but I don't often get around to buying clothes. I like having new things, but I really dislike shopping, especially malls.
My moisturiser, which is not supposed to be in there but in my make up case, which explains why I couldn't find it!
2 notebooks, one for shopping lists, one for general notes and ideas.
A pen which belonged to my Auntie.
Ibuprofen.
L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines hand cream.
Heart shaped memory stick, present from the Prof.
Tissues.
Betty Boop mirror.
Concealer for the dark circles under my eyes.
Lipstick.
Little diamante nail file which never stays in its case.
Two 20p pieces.
Three receipts.
My purse.
Camera case, usually with camera in it.
My little appointments diary, which I forget to write in, or if I remember, then I forget to check it. For some reason open on the last week of December.
Books. Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird, and Crazy as Chocolate by Elisabeth Hyde. I carry at least one book everywhere I go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...