Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wednesday, January 16, 2013





I love seeing you again!  It must have been awhile since I've seen a photo, because I don't remember your hair being that short.  It's cute.  I cut my hair yesterday.  It's the first time it's been shorter since I graduated from high school which was 1990, so that's been (ugh) twenty-two years ago.  I was a little unsure and have been kicking it around for about a year now, but bit the bullet finally and I like it, it's cute and bouncy and feels good.  I'm mourning my long hair a little bit, it was such a part of who I was, but I figured will grow out if I want it too fairly quickly, but for now I'm happy.  Lots of compliments today, which made me feel better. 

Thanks for the advice on the teenager issue.  Em is just about twelve now, so I can only imagine what more fun there is to be had.  It's flashbacks of my Mom and I with her.  I told Mom the other day I didn't know how she didn't kill me, and she said, sometimes it was tempting.  The last few days have been pretty mild.  It's ups and downs I guess.  I will take your advice though about spending time with her.  Even if she is a cross monkey!!!

Sounds like you all have been having a great time.  What wonderful trips.  I envy you going all these places and learning all this history.  We had been a bit overwhelmed by Christmas but we went to the theatre on Saturday to a production of Cinderella with my Mom.  It was her birthday presents to us.  It was a fantastic production, actors, costume, set were all gorgeous and we had front row orchestra seats.  We stopped to see my brother and his girlfriend after.  They recently moved to the city (Baltimore) and we stopped to see their new place and dinner.  It is so different being in the city.  We talked at dinner about city living versus country living and agreed there are trade-offs.  I love that they have so many amazing restaurants and shops and of course, theatres and museums and such, but my brother said he is envious of all my trees that I have here, so I guess there are pluses and minuses to both.  Though it was a fun visit I could never see myself living in the city.  I was quite confused as we drove around (Mom drove, not me) and all the noise and cars and hustle and bustle made me feel overwhelmed.  I will take my slow, quiet days here and not complain about the bellowing of the bull or the barking of dogs.

Have fun going through the photos with your family.  From time to time I have sat down with my grandparents to look at their photos and once we start I swear I could just stay all night.  I love looking through them.

I am reading a book and though it's about seeing your creative projects through it made me think of both of us.  It talked about being overwhelmed and instead of giving up and doing nothing it talked about doing micro-movements.  I thought it was very applicable to everyday life as I am the worst procrastinator ever and I know that with your CFS some days it is hard for you.  It talked about how just a series of less than five minute tasks can lead to getting things done.  I thought I might give it a try at the house.  Like I will put two things away today, or I will clean off this one little section of counter.  Some days I think we have to give ourselves credit for the things we do rather than harp on all the things that don't get done.  There's always a list of those isn't there.  But if I think that today I did grocery and two loads of laundry and cleaned the cat box and gave myself a pat on the back for keeping going when I'm dead tired from working and cooking and tending two demanding children than that helps.  Tonight the girls went to visit their father and I actually fell asleep on the couch.  I woke up about a half hour later and thought well that was nice!  I don't know if that's helpful or not, but I like the whole micro-movement idea, perhaps I will copy it and send it to you.

Well, it's getting late, the girls are off school the next two days and we all three have off school and work for Martin Luther King Jr day on Monday, so I am looking forward to a long weekend.  No plans except taking the girls and friends to see The Hobbit on Monday, (did you say you saw it?) and Em has a project where you turn a pair of old jeans into a skirt, so we may try that. I swore we were going to do a quilt together this winter, but so far the fabric hasn't been brought up from the bins yet.  Perhaps we can try that.

All for now, we have rain here the last three days, did you send it over?  Just Kidding.

xoxoxo

Jen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...