Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday, January 25, 2013



Debbie,

I actually had to re-title this post twice as I had put the photo up Tuesday and started writing this on Thursday!  It seems these weeks keep sneaking by so fast. 

I had the little one home three days sick with a stomach virus. While the initial part of the sick was not so nice, it was a dream to be home with her all day. I didn't even care that I wasn't getting anything done the first day as she basically sat on my lap and slept on and off all day. The third day she was feeling a bit better and challenged me to a game of Monopoly which is the longest....game....ever.  There was such a nice relaxed rhythm to our days.  I would get Em off to school, help out K, do some chores around the house.  All the Christmas things finally got taken to the basement and my kitchen got a good sort and cleaning.  Ah, on days like those I dream of being a stay-at-home mama.

It's snowing again here today.  Just started, it's about 2:00 in the afternoon.  We aren't expecting much but the girls will get out of school about an hour and a half early.  I will still be working until about 6:00 pm and am hoping I don't have to drive in any.  As much as I love snow I HATE driving in it.  I am glad to see that you got your snow.  Hooray!!!  About time.  Our birds are going crazy this week, eating everything in sight, I will have to get birdseed and suet again this weekend. 

So it's been a pretty quiet week.  I have dinner out with some old friends on Saturday and am taking the girls over to my once sister-in-laws for some art lessons.  Maybe she can teach me a thing or two, but I doubt it!

Hope all is well with your bunch.

Warm wishes!

Jen



No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...