Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday 28th June


Everlasting peas, in our front garden this morning. 

I'm back! The British Telecom engineer just left, having fixed the phone line. Despite his protestations that there was NO WAY that the fault on our phone line could have caused the broadband to drop out as well, somehow mysteriously and miraculously when he fixed the fault on the line, the internet came back. 


So here I am. I have really enjoyed my internet-free week, I have done more book-reading, as opposed to blog-reading, done some gardening and organising indoors. I love the internet, and use it daily to check things, look things up, do banking etc, as well as blog and read blogs, so it is an inconvenience to be without it, but also somehow life has seemed quieter and more simple, and I have got more done. 


It was lovely to see a full length photo of all three of you in your last letter. I would love to see the light display. One of these days I am going to make it over there...I keep planning my itinerary...few days in New York, Amish country, New England in the fall, your house for Thanksgiving including pumpkin pie and succotash and now I am adding  fountain gardens to the list. The Prof and I haven’t been out of the UK together yet, it would be great to, just the small matter of money! Minor details ;)


You made me laugh what you said about boys...no, my boy doesn't eye roll or slam doors. He is actually really easy to get along with  (although saying that feels like tempting fate!), he does what I ask, and is always happy to hoover/change his bed/take out the rubbish/pick up after the dog though sometimes it  gets done on the second third fourth umpteenth time of asking...


Last Friday, Sara and I met up in London. We hadn't seen each other since the Prof and I went to visit her and her family last year, and it was lovely to catch up. Cake was of course an added bonus, despite my diet healthy eating plan!  I am so glad that you paired me with Sara when you organised that Christmas swap in 2010 between the online course participants. 


Speaking of my diet  healthy eating plan, I am in my third week of it now. It is based on the glycaemic load, which is an approach I have never tried before. Well, I don't know if it is because of the diet or what, but I have been considerably more well than usual for about ten days now.  I would actually say I feel 'normal',  and this is extraordinary for me as I have not felt this way for more than one day at a time in about three years,  and even that is extremely rare.  This is quite remarkable and I am loving it, and equally, I am terrified it will go away. 


So, with my new found energy and wellness, I have been out more, got more done indoors, been gardening, and am all-round feeling like a normal person!! Long may it last. Keep your fingers crossed for me.


Look forward to hearing from you,

Debbie  x


No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...