Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday 14th June



Don't talk to me about insects!! Although fireflies sound lovely, from a distance. I have yet to see a maybug this year, thank goodness. Last year we had one in the bed! Thankfully I wasn't there at the time, the Prof had gone up before me, and found it there, urgh. I am so jealous of your bluebirds, we don't have them. In fact since the people next door acquired two cats we don't get many birds in our back garden at all. The garden is so small too, and for the last few years I have had two washing lines strung the length of it, I wonder if that is also a factor, it might be hard for the smaller birds to fly down. It seems that these days just the pigeons and ring-necked doves come down to feed at the bird table. Ever since a friend of mine years ago said it to me, I hear pigeons saying to each other 'How awful. Oh, how awful'.


The Young Philosopher has two friends coming to stay today, so we will have a houseful for a couple of days. This house isn't really big enough for company, but I think one of them will probably sleep on the bed with him (he has a double) and the other on the floor, probably with the dog! They don't seem to mind! I have always been happy for all his friends to come here, sometimes when he was 13 or 14 there would be lots of them here, we had about six stay over once, no mean feat in this house! I moved furniture out of the way and they lay side by side on the living room floor.


It is a lovely sunny day here today, at last. Honestly we have had several nice days in a row just twice this year, and the rest of the time it has Rained. Every. Day. At least the unusual amount of rain means that some of the water companies are lifting the hosepipe bans, its a pain watering the garden with a watering can. Not that I have bought and planted any summer flowers to speak of yet, except the sweet peas! It's on the list. I have two lines of washing already this morning blowing in the breeze, have done some tidying and cleaning, and am sitting here with a nice cup of rooibos tea planning my afternoon. I think I will make scrambled eggs on toast for my lunch, then watch Lark Rise to Candleford and do some cross stitch. I have a lot of Lark Rise to get through, I borrow them from the library a series at a time and then have a week to watch twelve episodes! I am trying to take things a bit easy, having overdone it last weekend and not been so good for a few days.


How proud you must have been at the graduation last week! I have a few friends with much younger children than mine, and it makes me think back to when the Young Philosopher was younger, and I wish I'd had a blog back then. I found the baby book I kept for him in the loft last week! I will have to scan some of the photos and share them with you. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about when my boy was little, and then not so little, and then goodness where did those 21 years go?


Make the most of them. It goes so fast.


Take care


Debbie  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...