Monday, June 18, 2012

June 18, 2012




Another Monday again?  I can't believe sometimes how quickly the weekends go by.  Truth be told I just wanted to stay in my nightgown all day today.  I woke up at 6:45 a.m. threw on a sweater, high of 68 (20) degrees today, made a cup of tea and sat down here at the computer with my Pandora station  to some really soothing music, but as dutiful as I am I dressed and went to work and fought with an ages old printer most of the morning.  Patience is NOT my strong suit.

The weather forecast is saying that it will be highs of 97 (36) degrees later this week.  I really don't know what to think of Mother Nature these days, she's fighting off global warming I suppose.  You seriously don't know what season to prepare for each day.  So are you telling me England's reputation is holding true?  I'm sure though your sweet peas are loving all the rain.  I had to smile when I read that you had them growing I remember you telling me they were a favorite.  

Reading back over your letter, I am trying to imagine you there with all those boys.  Sometimes I wonder how I would do this with boys and then I think about you raising the young philospher by yourself, wondering how you tackled all those "boy" things.  As hard as I think raising girls is sometimes I can't help but think I am lucky that I don't have a mysterious boy slinking off, hiding from me, not that I love the rolling eyes and the slamming doors.  Don't know are boys door slammers?

So we were off to the gardens for an evening light display.   This is the three of us outside the fountain gardens Saturday.  If you ever would make your way over the sea, this is one of the first places I would show you, it's amazing.  Sunday I was a bit off, don't know why.  Not much sleep, disagreement with my father, feeling a bit lonely again.  I think people don't really realize how lonely being a single parent can be sometimes.  The world seems full of pairs and you don't have the freedom to just go out and seek out friends and relationships.  It passed though and today is much better.  I just had to reframe my mind.  

I am trying to write a bit each day and work on editing one photo per day.  Like always, I try to remind myself to slow down and take it one thing at a time, especially when I get overwhelmed like I did this past busy weekend.  I hope you are regaining some of your energy, though our situations are different, I feel like we go through the same patterns.

All for now, the girls are finishing a movie and I'm about ready for bed.  It's 9:00 pm here and it's just only gotten dark, another good thing about summer coming.

Until next time,

xoxo

Jen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...