Monday, January 21, 2013

Friday, 18th January, 2013


Hello Jen,

We have snow! It's been falling steadily all day, but lightly, so we only have a dusting, but it makes everything look so pretty, even little urban yards with wonky bird tables and leaning fences.


I am writing this on my iPhone as yesterday my laptop decided not to connect to the Internet any more, I looked into it a little and the Diagnostic something which should be running, apparently isn't and it looks likely that we (as in, not me) will have to do a system restore.

I really like your hair! Mine was a spur of the moment decision when actually in the chair, it usually is, when I decide on something drastic. I would like to have streaks put in really, but resisting as its do expensive and time consuming to keep up with the roots every few weeks. I don't know if I will keep it short, my usual pattern is cut it short every few years, then grow it again.

The book you are reading sounds interesting, what's it called? I like the idea of micro movements. My friend Mary, who was on the Mondo Beyondo course with us, has something she calls the 'back of the envelope theory of creativity'. You write down what you want to achieve and next to each item, add the tiniest thing you can do to move it forward.

We did see the Hobbit. I was a bit unsure as it is the only book I remember the teacher reading to the class when I was little that I really didn't like, though I can't remember why. I really enjoyed the film anyway. I would like to see Les Miserables this weekend, I think there is a showing on Sunday that has subtitles for the Prof.

Your theatre trip sounds lovely. We saw War of the Worlds in December, the Prof's birthday present from April that he had to wait a long time for! We are spoilt for choice here in terms of theatres, cinemas, we have several to choose from and of course the West End not far away. I know how lucky we are to have so much on our doorsteps, but like your brother, I envy you those trees.

That's all from me for this week. I hope this posts alright from the iPhone. Another cosy night of knitting and TV this evening, we've been working through Pillars of the Earth this week on DVD, have you seen it?

Have a lovely weekend,

Debbie  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

in your own words...