Thursday, January 19, 2012

the man in the organic section

he was a big burly man, with wild messy hair and a football jacket
i was standing there lamenting that my favorite cereal was no longer
anywhere in the multitudes of other breakfast options
he looked at me and implored
"nutritional yeast, why don't they have nutritional yeast
it's different then the regular kind you know"
there was quite a lot of dissatisfaction this day in the organics aisle

but suddenly my irritation left me
i felt like this strange man
who i never would have imagined seeing
coming down the aisle
was meant to bring a smile to my lips

i hope he found his yeast
and i went home and made my own granola

1 comment:

  1. I like that people aren't always their first impressions. Your poem made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

in your own words...